Sunday 18 September 2016

Favourite Makeup Brands - Charlotte Tilbury

Who is Charlotte Tilbury?

Charlotte Tilbury is a London-based makeup artist. She has worked with leading fashion magazines (Vogue, Vanity Fair), top models (Kate Moss, Gisele Bündchen) and celebrities. In 2013 she developed her own range of makeup. She also has blog posts and a YouTube channel showing how to use her products.


How I discovered the brand?

I was watching a bunch of British YouTubers (Zoella, Tanya Burr, Vivianna does Makeup) fall in love with the brand and then I noticed a bunch of Australian YouTubers doing just the same. Curiosity got the better of me.

What other products is Charlotte Tilbury know for?

Her most famous product is her Magic Cream. It's a thick cream she formulated as a moisturiser/primer for her makeup artistry work. The texture allows makeup to glide onto the skin. I haven't tried it as it's best for dryer skin types. Charlotte has recently launched a fragrance and Kate Moss is the face of the advertising campaign.

How I came to purchase Charlotte Tilbury products?

There are no Charlotte Tilbury counters or retail stores in Australia. The brand does however have an Australian online presence. I researched her range extensively and purchased some products in Bergdorf Goodman (New York department store) when we were in the States last year.

What I purchased?

I paid a small fortune but decided to purchase the The Dolce Vita collection kit (just one of the available looks).


It contained The Dolce Vita eyeshadow palette, Cheek to Chic blush in Ecstasy, Full Fat Lashes mascara in Glossy Black, The Feline Flick eyeliner in Panther, Lip Cheat lip liner in Pillowtalk, K.I.S.S.I.N.G. lipstick in Penelope Pink, Lip Lustre lip gloss in Seduction. The kit came with a cute makeup bag and instructions on some of the looks that you an create from the kit.


I also purchased the cult-product Filmstar Bronze & Glow face sculpting powder and highlighter.


How is it priced in Australia?

It's pricey and what's tricky is there is no retail site where you can try things before you buy. I was lucky enough that I could see and try the products before purchasing them in New York. The texture of these products is beautiful and my favourite product is the sculpt and highlight palette. The packaging is beautiful and finished in a rose-gold case. In the US the kit is priced at $230 and it retails for $340 on the Australian website. The Bronze and Glow palette was $68 in the US and $97 on the Australian website. Ouch!!!! Seemingly a big markup on importing to Australia.



Until next time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment