Sunday 26 June 2016

Makeup Review - L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation

What is it?

So this is the trend of the moment - a makeup compact containing a sponge and puff. I saw it in the supermarket (Woolworths) and decided to give it a go. It was $29.95. This foundation concept started in Korea and is now sweeping the world.


How to apply?

On a cleansed and moisturised face I pushed the puff into the sponge, which is soaked in foundation, and then used a patting motion to apply the foundation all over my face, being careful not to pick up too much product. Using the puff is a bit unusual if you are used to using your fingers, a foundation brush or a beauty blender. To me it feels very old school. The compact doesn't seem like it holds much makeup but I have heard that when it runs a little low just turn the sponge upside down and keep on going.




What's the finish like?

I have sun-damaged, quite texturised skin and I find the dabbing motion makes the foundation look smooth and it doesn't seem to sit in my lines and pores like some other foundations can. I would say the finish is glowy, medium coverage. If you are looking for full coverage you might find this doesn't fit the bill. For me though, as someone who is happy with a medium coverage, I give it a thumbs up!!


What's the colour like?

It comes in just 6 colours. I chose porcelain 01 and the colour match is a good one on my pale cool-toned (pink undertoned) skin. It is a warm colour so for me it doesn't make my skin look flat and cool like some foundations can. A thumbs up here!!


How does it wear?

Wear time is good, and given I have oily skin, that gave it a good test. It did get rather oily on my forehead which was a bit strange and a bit cakey between my eyes which again is a bit strange for me. I think the wear would have been better if I were to blot the oil off and powder half way through the day. That's not an unusual thing to have to do with oily skin so it is still considered acceptable. Miss P also tried the foundation and like me has slightly oily skin and she too had an oily build up on her forehead - weird!! In the photo below you can see how oily my skin was after 6 hours. Cheeks and nose are okay but my forehead is pretty greasy and shiny.


Who does it suit best?

I think this would be good for normal to combination skin but probably not the best for truly oily skin. For me I could build up the coverage thicker in the areas I needed it without it becoming cakey.


The verdict

I was surprised with how much I liked the L'Oreal Cushion foundation. I think it probably has come second place as my favourite foundation - and that's saying something. My holy grail still remains the IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ SPF50+. The IT Cosmetics still beats the L'Oreal because the finish is still the most natural, the colour is perfection and I don't need to touch up throughout the day (lazy aren't I). But great work L'Oreal on creating such a great product. At half the price I encourage you to give it a go, you may just fall in love with it!



Until next time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment