Sunday 17 July 2016

Favourite Makeup Brands - NARS

Who is NARS?

NARS was developed by François Nars, a French makeup artist and photographer. The brand started with 12 lipsticks which were sold from Barney's New York.


How I discovered NARS?

I saw lots of YouTube makeup videos where NARS foundation was all the rage. Sheer Glow is a favourite amongst normal to dry skin girls whilst Sheer Matte is a favourite of mine and works well with my oily skin. It was my first purchase when Mecca Maxima stores opened in Queensland. Sheer Matte has a lovely medium matte finish which is perfect for those of us with shiny, glossy oily skin.

What other products is NARS known for?

NARS blushes are simply gorgeous. Despite the embarrassing names, NARS blushes are pigmented, long wearing and breathtakingly beautiful on. I have two, Orgasm on the left and Deep Throat on the right. Deep Throat by far is my favourite but Orgasm is a very popular beautiful warm pink with golden undertones.


What about bronzer/contour?

NARS Laguna is a cult product. It's a little warm toned for my light skin but for Miss P with her light olive-toned skin, it's perfection.
What am I loving right now?

Right now I'm in love with the NARS Audacious Lipstick range. As François Nars describes them "The formula is amazing; it has this incredibly rich pigment that holds really well and it doesn't dry the lips. The new packaging is exquisite. The black on black metallic finish looks sleek and modern - it's like a luxury accessory." I agree the lipstick case is gorgeous and has a magnetic click upon closing. 


I have just two lipsticks; Juliette on the left and Natalie on the right. The colours are only subtly different. They have extraordinary lasting power and feel very comfortable.


Where can you get it?

NARS is available at Mecca Maxima and Mecca Cosmetica in Australia; Sephora, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Barney's and Saks 5th Avenue in the US and; Liberty, John Lewis, Space NK and Selfridges in the UK.


How is it priced in Australia?

It's a mid-price range makeup line. Foundations are $67, blushes are $44, contour is $58 and lipsticks are $48.

Until next time xx


No comments:

Post a Comment